Feel what you play. Play what you feel. Thanks to the OPTIWEB® Coating, these nickel-plated steel electric guitar strings give you the performance of a natural string—that crisp tone, natural feel and playable grip you know and love—without sacrificing the signature long-lasting tone life of Elixir® Strings. Compared to their POLYWEB® Coating and NANOWEB® Coating, the OPTIWEB Coating offers the most natural and familiar feel. This lightweight coating allows the string to vibrate with less damping, while also having a firm grip, putting you in control of bends, vibrato and sustain.
So choose the same premium electric guitar strings that experienced players worldwide trust to keep their incredible tone longer than any other string available. Unlike other string brands, Elixir Strings coats the whole string. This protects not only the outer string surface but also the gaps between the windings where common tone-deadening gunk typically builds up in other brands’ coated and uncoated guitar strings. Anti-Rust Plating on plain steel strings ensures longer tone life for the entire set. Who wouldn’t love more quality playing time between the hassle and cost of string changes?
- 7-string electric guitar strings constructed with nickel-plated steel wrap wire
- Played for the same crisp tone as an uncoated string
- OPTIWEB Coating provides a natural feel
- Elixir's coating technology protects against common corrosion and debris buildup, extending tone life longer
- Anti-Rust Plating on plain steel strings ensures longer tone life for the entire set
- Medium gauge: .011 .014 .018 .028 .038 .049