Professional Active Reference 8" Studio Monitor
The uniK 08+ is the result of extensive development work performed in Germany, to provide a professional active reference monitor that defines a new level of quality in its class. With its new 8" kevlar low frequency driver and a new custom engineered and powerful high frequency magnetostatic tweeter, the uniK 08+ offers many improvements over our successful uniK 08 and provides unique sound characteristics that allow this monitor to satisfy the highest demands in a professional studio environment.
What makes uniK 08+ unique?
The uniK 08+ studio monitor offers true full range quality with extended low end in a small case and an entirely new signal processing and amplifier unit with a perfect order low-z and low noise design. Mos-Fet Bi-amplification ensures a high slew-rate and fast setting, featuring true analog vintage sound processing with LC-like gyrator technology for a stressless and silky sound.
A completely new feature is the unique one knob sound character adjustment from smooth to bright, allowing you to change parameters for every room and preference. The additional high resolution High and Low switches add additional control. And of course the uniK 08+ studio monitor features a real precision gain attenuator, instead of a simple volume control.
The new design of the crossover ensures an excellent phase response and safe power limitation, to drive the woofer and tweeter efficiently. The tweeter features a newly upgraded magnetostatic design with extremely low moving mass for extended frequency and fast transient response and high sound resolution. The matching woofer consists of a kevlar composite cone with high stiffness ensuring better piston motion and excellent low-end sound reproduction.
Another new feature is the flexible rubber feet with discrete height adjustment. They are not only helpful to reduce unwanted vibrations, but also allow you to tilt the speaker towards the precise listening point - a great feature for typical near field applications.
Other new special features that are not standard in this class are standby to save power consumption (can be disabled) and a ground lift switch.
And with it's copper color woofer cone and high quality matte cabinet finish, it looks quite uniK, too!
- Biamp 2-Way Powered Speaker System
- Active Studio Monitor Speaker
- HF Driver: extremely low mass magnetostactic tweeter Φ49 x 26 mm
- LF Driver: 8" kevlar curved cone (magnetic shielding type)
- Output Power: 140W (HF: 70W, LF: 70W), 160W AC consumption power
- Frequency Response: 37Hz - 25kHz
- Input Impedance: 27.2kOhm (balanced) / 13.6kOhm (unbalanced)
- Crossover Point: 3.2kHz
- SPL: 105dB, Peak 108dB
- Input Connectors: XLR / TRS 1/4" combo connector, balanced / unbalanced
- Gain Control: -14 .. 0dB .. +14
- Room Adjustments Control: Character: -6 .. 0dB .. +6; Low: -5 .. 0dB .. +5; High: -5 .. 0dB .. +5
- Rear Bass-Reflex ventilation, optimized for near field application
- Ground lift switch
- Standby function: can be turned on and off
- Indicator: multi color LED on front panel, power on orange, standby red
- Feet: 4 pieces rubberized, adjustable height separately
- Working Voltage: AC100-240V 50/60Hz
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 252 x 352 x 319mm
- Weight: 8.1 kg