The Schaffer Boost - Solo-X is the all-analog boost and equalization expansion circuit from the famed Schaffer-Vega Diversity System wireless used by David Gilmour, Angus Young, Eddie Van Halen, Joe Perry and an endless list of rock gods throughout the 70s and 80s. This unique boost faithfully reproduces the signature "Schaffer Sound" associated with some of the best guitar tones ever produced.
- BOOST knob controls our vintage boost circuit capable of generating a whopping +30 db. This analog boost is perfect for making lead parts stand out, adding fullness to the signal going into the front end of your amplifier, or pushing it into oblivion!
- EQUALIZATION EXPANDER increases the far ends of the guitar's frequency spectrum to produce scooped clarity without sacrificing precious mids. The extended low end bumps crucial low-mid frequencies responsible for giving live instruments punch and making them stand out in the mix. The accentuated treble frequencies on the other end of the spectrum accentuate 2nd and 3rd order harmonics to produce the airy presence often associated with the “Schaffer Sound”.
- 100% Analog Circuitry
- Premium Grade Gold Plated Circuit Board
- Heavy Duty True-Bypass Switch
- Blue ‘Super Bright’ LED
- Neutrik Jacks
- Power Requirements: 9-12vDC (-) Power Supply - No battery
- Enclosure Dimensions: 4.69” D x 2.52” W x 1.57” H
- Product Colors: Black Enclosure with White Graphics
- Made in USA
Emphatic users of SoloDallas effects include legendary guitarists Keith Urban, John Mayer, Joe Perry, Keith Richards, Ron Wood, Steve Stevens, Doug Aldrich, Richard Fortus (GnR), Scott Metzger, Isaiah Sharkey, Chris Stein, Joe Bonamassa, Coco Montoya, Billie Joe Armstrong and Angus Young. Iconic bassists include Pino Palladino, Sting, Rudy Sarzo. Keyboard master Derek Sherinian swears by it on organs and synths too.