Take your sound new heights with the high-speed, high-resolution, low-latency, and ultra-portable UAC-2 USB 3.0 Superspeed Audio converter.
The bus-powered UAC-2 adds two channels of 24-bit/192 kHz high-resolution audio to any USB 2.0 or 3.0-equipped Windows or Mac computer—even to your iPad. It utilises USB 3.0 SuperSpeed technology for low latency and includes advanced features such as 4x upsampling, Loopback, and MIDI I/O. Plug in any microphone, line-level device, or instrument and use the UAC-2 for onstage playback, recording to a DAW, or enjoyment of high-res audio in your home or office. You can also use it for fast low-latency webcasting, podcasting, gaming, and other live streaming applications.
Now you can get the best out of your laptop at every gig. The UAC-2 is portable, bus-powered (no AC connection required), and built rugged for the road, plus its advanced converters and support for USB 3.0 SuperSpeed ensures superior audio wherever your music takes you.
Broadcast your creativity, enhance your gaming experience, and share your performance with the world. The UAC-2's Loopback function combines the input from connected mics, instruments, and line-level devices along with background music or other audio tracks being played back by your computer and then instantly routes a custom blend of the signals to your favourite streaming software.
Pair a UAC-2 with your DAW and create great audio in any recording environment. Connect a wide variety of microphones, line-level devices, and instruments. Use Direct Monitoring for zero-latency overdubbing. Sync your MIDI controllers, sound modules, and drum machines. Archive your favourite recordings in high-resolution formats. The UAC-2 provides everything you need, in one compact device.
Think your headphones and speakers already sound pretty great? Try plugging them into the UAC-2 instead of your computer's audio outputs and treat yourself to the true experience. Now you can enjoy the ultimate in streamed high-resolution audio—all the way up to 24-bit/192 kHz—in full fidelity.
The UAC-2 is an incredibly versatile interface. It works with everything from legacy USB 2.0 laptops and desktops all the way up to the latest-generation Mac or Windows USB 3.0-equipped computers. Or plug in an AC adapter and Apple Camera Connection kit or Lightning to USB Camera Adapter (sold separately) and use it with your iPad.
The USB 3.0 connector on the rear panel carries digital signal to and from your computer in addition to providing power to the UAC-2—no batteries or external power required. Dual front panel combo XLR/TRS inputs allow you to connect a wide variety of microphones as well as line-level signals from electronic keyboards and music players—even passive instruments such as electric guitars and basses. Dual-balanced TRS output jacks enable you to connect the UAC-2 to amplifiers or self-powered speakers, and there's an independent ¼" stereo headphone jack with dedicated volume control for private monitoring of the input or output signal.
Take your recordings to a more professional level. Steinberg’s powerful and state-of-the-art audio software used by creators around the world now comes with every Zoom UAC-2 and UAC-8 purchase.
- 2-in/2-out USB 3.0 SuperSpeed audio interface
- Support for recording and playback up to 24-bit/192 kHz
- Loopback function for webcasting, podcasting, gaming, and other live streaming applications
- Low latency overdubbing and direct monitoring for zero-latency monitoring in mono or stereo
- Two combo balanced XLR/TRS input connectors accept both mic- and line-level signal
- Hi-Z switches allow direct connection of electric guitar or bass
- Switchable +48V phantom power
- Two balanced TRS output jacks for connection to amplifiers or self-powered speakers
- ¼" headphone jack with dedicated level control
- Independent gain controls and clip LEDs for each input
- Large knob output volume control
- Direct Monitoring switch for zero latency monitoring in mono or stereo
- MIDI In and Out
- Compatible with all popular DAW and streaming software, including Cubase, Logic, Garage Band, Pro Tools, Ableton Live, and others
- High-performance mic preamps with up to +60 dB of amplification
- 120 dB of dynamic range
- 4 x upsampling during A/D and D/A conversion for reduced noise and enhanced fidelity
- Asynchronous transfer system unaffected by computer jitter
- Bus powered—no AC power required
- Robust metal housing ensures roadworthiness